1882, Slepukha, Yelets District, Oryol Province — 1973, Leningrad
Painter, portraitist. Studied at the Nikolai Seliverstov School of Art in Penza (1909–1916); the Higher School of Art, Imperial Academy of Arts (1911–1916). Contributed to exhibitions (from 1929). Member of the Union of Artists (from 1932). Corresponding member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR (from 1949), honoured arts worker of the RSFSR (1957).