1880, Borisoglebsk, Tambov Province — 1960, Moscow
Painter, graphic artist, monumentalist. Studied at the Amateur Drawing Club in Voronezh (1896); Lev Dmitriev-Kavkazsky’s studio in St Petersburg (1902–1904); Konstantin Juon and Ivan Dudin School of Drawing and Painting in Moscow (1905–1906); Moscow School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture (1906–1910). Contributed to exhibitions (from 1908). Taught at art schools in Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod. Honoured Artist of the RSFSR (1956), correspondent member of the USSR Academy of Arts (1954).