1907, Horodnia, Chernihiv Province — 1979, Leningrad
Painter, poster designer. Studied at the Poltava Studio of Art (1922–1923), the Leningrad College of Art and Industry (1924–1927) and VKhUTEIN / Institute of Proletarian Fine Arts (1927–1931) in the theatrical design department, and simultaneously at Vasily Savinsky’s private studio. Contributed to exhibitions (from 1925). Worked as a designer (1931–1937). Contributed to the design of the film Counterplan (1941) at Lenfilm Studios. Lived in besieged Leningrad (1941–1945); worked as a poster designer. Taught at the Ilya Repin Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture (1948–1979). Professor (1946). Chairman of the Leningrad Union of Artists (1948–1952; 1954–1958). Corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Arts (1947). People’s Artist of the USSR (1965).