Painter, graphic artist, theatrical designer. Studied at the Stroganov Central School of Art and Industry in Moscow (1897-1906) and under Dmitry Kardovsky at the Imperial Academy of Arts (1906-12). Fellow of the Society for the Encouragement of Artists in Rome (1913-14). Contributed to the exhibitions of the New Society of Artists (1915, 1917), World of Art (1918), First Free Exhibition of Works of Art (1919), International Exhibitions in Rome (1924) and Pittsburgh (1925-27) and the Exhibitions of Russian Art in Paris (1921, 1927) and New York (1924). Taught at the New Studio of Art (from 1915). Professor of the Academy of Arts/Petrograd Free Art Studios (1917-20). Designed for theatres (from 1918). Lived in Finland and France (1920-35). Illustrated books (from 1920).