Sculptor. Studied at the Imperial Academy of Arts (1785–1800). Fellow of the Imperial Academy of Arts in Rome (1803–1806). Taught at the Imperial Academy of Arts (from 1808). Professor (from 1813), chancellor of the sculpture department (from 1836). Oversaw the sculpture of palaces and parks in St Petersburg. Author of many ornamental and monumental works decorating St Petersburg’s buildings, indoor and memorial sculptures as well.