Painter, graphic artist, book designer; master of genre paintings, landscapes, still lifes. Studied at the College of Folk Art (1921–1923) in Kharkiv, at Nikolai Starozhevsky’s School of Art (1920–1923); VKhUTEMAS / VKhUTEIN in Leningrad (1924–1930). Contributed to exhibitions (from 1931). Designed street decorations (1930s). One of the founding member of the Leningrad Union of Artists (1932), executive secretary (1938–1945) and member of the Board (1937–1942). Seconded to the partisan command unit at Malaya Vishera in Leningrad Region (1942). Taught drawing at the Leningrad Institute of Industrial Construction (from 1938); Vera Mukhina School of Art and Industry (from 1948) where founded the painting department (1951). Professor (1967).