This is a repeat version of a painting for which Fyodor Alexeyev was elected to the Imperial Academy of Arts – View of Palace Embankment from the Peter and Paul Fortress (1794, Tret. Gal.). On the left is the Peter and Paul Fortress with the Naryshkin Bastion. The Naryshkin Bastion was renamed the Catherine Bastion after the wife of Peter the Great (1725). The Summer Garden can be seen on the opposite bank of the River Neva. Palace Embankment begins on the right with the Marble Palace and the Betskoi and Saltykov houses.
«Виртуальный Русский музей» в социальных сетях: