1889, Vladimirovka, Astrakhan Province — 1953, Moscow
Painter, graphic artist, monumentalist, genre artist, portraitist, author of still lifes, landscapist. Studied at the Kazan School of Art (1903–1909) and at the Higher School of Art, Imperial Academy of Arts (1909–1916). Contributed to exhibitions (from 1916). Taught at the Astrakhan Free Art Studios (1919–1922), Kiev and Kharkiv Institutes of Art (1937–1941), the Institute of Cinematography (1944–1948) and the Vasily Surikov Institute of Art (1949–1950). Professor (1940). Honoured arts worker of the RSFSR (1946), full member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR (1949).